Shared Cert Advantages:
* Less cost than having your own cert. $50 one time setup fee with no other costs.
* No extra paperwork or confusion -- Simply toss us an email and it's done for you.
Shared Cert Disadvantages:
* You have to use a FutureQuest URL like this https://secure.futurequest.net/xyourdomain/ (this prevents errors to the end user)
* You can not take the cert with you if you leave us. Ergo you would have to require your new host to set it up and pay them for it.
Advantages of your own cert:
* You get to use your own domain name https://secure.yourdomain.com
* You can take your cert with you so if you move your domain to a new server the cert is still good (you may still have to pay a setup fee depending on the host)
* You receive your own dedicated IP address from us (we can not setup your own cert without giving you an IP number)
Disadvantages of your Own Cert:
* Cost -- $100 setup fee to FutureQuest + the cost of the cert (over $100 with cost depending on who you purchase the cert from)
* More paperwork and technicalities to go through.
Either way there will be no errors to the end users
Hope this helps a bit
[This message has been edited by Deb (edited 07-18-99)]