I recently got the Sky broadband Max package and now I cannot remote desktop from work to my home machine. When I was with my last ISP I was able to do this with no problems (admittedly this was waaay back in April).
The only things to have changed since I was last able to connect are:-
- I've moved house
- Different ISP
- I'm using the Sky BB Router
Here is a check list of what I've done.
- Change the default port RDP uses
- Open the port (UDP) in Zone Alarm
- Set up the Service and Fire Wall rule to forward the traffic from that port to my machine on the router
- Registered with no-ip and installed the app that updates the IP Address if it changes
- Tried to connect to mymachine.no-ip.org:8765
And here is the error message I have been getting
"The client could not connect to the remote computer
Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections.
It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection
I'm pretty certain it can't be a network issue, as the net connection has been working fine just before I leave the house to go to work and has been fine each night I've gotten home. I've check with my IT guys and they haven't blocked the port I'm using.
Also I get no response when trying to ping, respond to ping is enabled on the router.