Sheila, I figured that part out a while back and agree it's a bit cryptic, but I do have that part set right. I check 2 FQ hosted accounts with Mozilla, no problem. I am not sure what is meant by authentication, but in the FAQ on SBC's sites, it says they are checking the "from" addy to make it match the actual email box addy for sending (and I have that part right too). It may be that Mozilla just can't handle this new routine, and I thought it worth asking about. I wouldn't be freaking out about this but my prodigy email went down for nearly a day until they got it working in Outlook and then this morning I tried to reply to an email sent from this forum and found out it's broke in Mozilla. Since it's my primary contact addy for FQ along with Netsol, this could be real trouble.
BTW, I love that book you recommended on Python and have my first script running using it already.
Edit and update and and maybe this will help someone else,
URL for SBC to help:
screenshot of mine where I found at least one hangup
in the next window, which I am unable to capture as an image, delete the password associated with said mailbox.
My thanks to Sheila for her help, posts and screenshots, and to Melissa for helping me get my primary FutureQuest email contact address changed to one that I can access. I suppose change is hard to avoid, but so far this SBC deal has set me back nearly 6 hours of time, and I haven't even tried to upgrade my office machine yet. There's an old saying about fixing things that aren't broken, lol.