I'm getting a DNS error (Cannot find server) when I try to access an administration program which calls a text file and allows me to edit the program database.
Expand on this a bit... Your statement about same script, running on two different servers still means it is _same_ script with same settings...
1) Is the DNS error a browser based one (like IE infamous DNS brain damage), or is the script throwing the error?
2) Is the same domain being used in both scripts?
3) What is the domain name that is having a DNS lookup failure on?
4) Do you do other DNS lookups and do they succeed?
5) If yes to #4, do you realize that all DNS lookups go through the same exact DNS resolver mechanism?
6) What have you done to isolate the DNS error, beyond simply uploading the script and hoping it just works?
--CGI debugging is half art and half voodoo--