FutureQuest, Inc. FutureQuest, Inc. FutureQuest, Inc.

FutureQuest, Inc.
Go Back   FutureQuest Community > General Site Owner Support (All may read/respond) > Email & Mailing List Management
User Name
Password  Lost PW

Old 04-02-2012, 11:46 AM   Postid: 181189
 Bob
Service Rep

Re: Email hosting and blacklisting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1 View Post
I'll think about both options and proceed. And it looks like the 50% off annual new package is still active and would apply for first year of Visionary.

The Current Coupon, Apr 1 through Apr 30, 2012, does provide for a 50% discount, for the first year, for New Full Annually Paid packages ordered during this promotion

-Bob
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:00 PM   Postid: 181190
blgaarder
Site Owner

Forum Notability:
10 pts: User-friendly
[Post Feedback]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
The Current Coupon, Apr 1 through Apr 30, 2012, does provide for a 50% discount, for the first year, for New Full Annually Paid packages ordered during this promotion

-Bob
You could also use email forwarding as described here:

http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/web1/...il_address.htm

I am considering this because I no longer need a web site.
blgaarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:18 PM   Postid: 181274
kurt1

Forum Notability:
0 pts: Even-handed
[Post Feedback]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
In regards to using an IRM for email...

If you have a username 'me' setup then messages sent to me@maindomain.com and me@irm.com would both be delivered to the same email account HOWEVER

If you use the "SMTP Recipient Addresses" Built in Email Filter you would be able to delete messages to me@maindomain.com and receive me@irm.com and vice versa...

-Bob
I'm not 100% clear on this. In the past I had set up the account me@maindomain.com, but it began to receive too much spam so I stopped using it and eventually deleted the account in CNC. If I now start using IRM and set up the account me@irm.com, would any email still being sent to me@maindomain.com be received to the new account me@irm.com?

I suppose I can try using IRM and switch to a Visionary account if it gets too much spam from the old account and if filtering isn't effective.

To proceed with setting up an IRM, the domain I want to use is currently hosted in an email only package with the registrar, dotster.com. what do i need to do with dotster and when should I do it?

Kurt
kurt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:29 PM   Postid: 181275
 Bob
Service Rep

Hi again Kurt,

"If I now start using IRM and set up the account me@irm.com, would any email still being sent to me@maindomain.com be received to the new account me@irm.com?"

It would unless you setup the "SMTP Recipient Addresses" Built in Email Filter which would allow you to filter messages sent to me@maindomain.com and just receive messages sent to me@maindomain.com.

"To proceed with setting up an IRM, the domain I want to use is currently hosted in an email only package with the registrar, dotster.com. what do i need to do with dotster and when should I do it?"

You would want to Order the IRM, from your QuestAdmin login, "Place a New Order" link.
http://www.QuestAdmin.net/

Once activated then you would change the name servers for the IRM domain to point to the FutureQuest name servers.
http://www.FutureQuest.net/Services/Transfer/

Once you change the name servers there is a period of propagation that will last from 24 to 72 hours on average before the domain name will work properly. (in many instances it will be less than a few hours in today's world)

More about propagation can be read here:
http://Service.FutureQuest.net/kb7

-Bob
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote