View Full Version : CGI on FQ Server
1. Can cgi scripts be run from anywhere on a fq hosted domain or must they be run from the cgi-bin? As an example can I set-up a free for all links page to run from mydomain.com/cgi-links/links.cgi
2. Does FQ only have 1 server?
3. If the answer to #2 is yes, and you decide to add more servers at some point, can you simply copy any domains that may move to the new server and have them runnning without any down time to the site?
1. Yes you can run scripts from outside of your cgi-bin but we have the cgi-bin setup as the default... you can override this with a .htaccess file... you'll find the details in the Server FAQ forum -- http://www.aota.net/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000001.html
2. We are running the main FQuest community off a single server right now... we are in the works of setting up another server (or two) this month... We will be making the sites that move to the new server as transparent as possible and remain in constant communication with the site owners at all times so they are aware of what's happening and how. The goal -- no more then 10 minutes of down time for anyone that moves...
Hope this helps
[This message has been edited by Deb (edited 01-04-99).]
WOW, Deb fess up you really do live right next to your server! This response time is simply lightining fast!
1. Can you set-up third level (www.name.mydomain.com) domains on your server?
2. If the answer to #1 is yes, can these third level domains have their own ftp and telnet access?
3. Can you set-up directories on my domain (www.mydomain.com/user
4. If yes to #4 can that directory have its own ftp and telnet access?
LOL, why yes I do live here http://www.aota.net/ubb/wink.gif
1. Yes, third level domains can be setup... $25 one-time-Setup fee.
2. Yes you can add an extra FTP account for them ($5/month). No we no longer offer the extra Telnet accounts.
3. Yes, YOU can setup directories on your account domain.com/whatever/ as many as you want http://www.aota.net/ubb/smile.gif (no fee)
4. Refer to number 2 http://www.aota.net/ubb/smile.gif
Hope this helps
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.