View Full Version : Looking for fast web server!
03-11-1999, 07:47 PM
Hi, I already have a web site with Icom
the price is very low, however, the performance is low too! Their email some times works some times doesnt. And non of the
CGI scripts work!!!! When I asked them for help they said there is a charge of $35 for
every hour they spend helping me. I have a feeling they do some thing to CGI directory so it doesnt work properly. This way they can charge people.
I am tring to open another site and I dont like to be screwed again. Whats your honest
opinion about this web server. Do the CGI works properly? do they help you if needed?
thanks for your help.
03-11-1999, 08:04 PM
Kicks, well you are definitely at the right place here for excellent service.
The breakdown of it all as my fellow FutureQuest members will tell you:
CGI: Works great and they help us out even when they don't have to http://www.aota.net/ubb/smile.gif
Customer Service: Awesome, best selling point! No lie.
Speed: Excellent and getting better thanks to SysAdmin's upgrades
Looked around at many webhosts...almost gave up until I found FutureQuest.
Uh.. I'll try to behave here and be as nice as I can be:
I left Icom to come to FutureQuest
Okay, I'm proud of myself (that I behaved that is)
Heh you guys are too much... good job Paul http://www.aota.net/ubb/wink.gif
I had replied to Kickster recommending you check out the forums but I see you already found this area http://www.aota.net/ubb/wink.gif
We can not possibly support all third party scripts but we are responsible for making sure the cgi-bin works on the server the way it is supposed to. As far as offering help with the scripts themselves, when we have time we have no problem taking a look and seeing if we can find the solution... these forums are awesome for help in that area as it allows you to receive feedback from more then just tech support but from a variety of different people all familar with the server and at different levels of expertise from different areas.
I wish I had had these forums when I first started http://www.aota.net/ubb/smile.gif
03-11-1999, 08:38 PM
kickster ... hey.. http://www.aota.net/ubb/smile.gif
1. FQ- THEY DO NOT CHARGE YA FOR TECH SUPPORT.. *repeat after me* THEY DO NOT CHARGE FOR TECH SUPPORT
2. the CGI BINS work, as long as you set up your scripts to run appropriately http://www.aota.net/ubb/wink.gif
3. an added bonus, these folks even taught us how to set up our CGI outside our CGI BIN (see, no restrictions http://www.aota.net/ubb/smile.gif )
4. as for being taken for granted, if ya check out FQ's site, you will see that they offer a 90 money back guarantee. (ya'll didn't change that on me did ya?)
5. The forums are a great source of tech support, as the members of the community support and assist eachother. We do that all the time for each other. (so there is no need for an 800 number--cuz the forums are free to use.. http://www.aota.net/ubb/wink.gif )
6. Justin, just joined their support team, and I will tell you, personally, he is the best asset this place offers ya. HE will stop at nothing to figure out anything.. coding, probs, whatever. (keeping in mind, it is not FQ's obligation to help with coding) -- that is why these forums come to be so handy. (and I ain't saying that cuz he is unofficially my kid bro either! *grin*
7. The forums are the heart of FQ. You gain more than tech support, you gain a family of sorts, and every day you can learn a new thing. If ya ain't too technical, you will definitely learn it here. So many of us have joined here, knowing the basic of html.. and now, wooooooooooo hooooooooooooo, we stay up all night playing! *okay, so maybe it is only me that does that.
I know before I joined here, I USED TO SLEEP normal american hours.
I should throw in, FQ is in the process of some major upgrades. We got it good now, and Terra is promising us even better things to come.
FQ goes out of their way to give us the best there is .. without nickle and diming us to death. Simple.. select a package, sign up, and that's the extent of your fees, unless of course you wanna upgrade or add something to your package ...
check us out, browswe through the forums.. I said the other day.. the forums are authored by us, and hosted by FutureQuest.
good luck... and hopefully, your new quest will begin.. with FutureQuest. http://www.aota.net/ubb/wink.gif
~~~ hearts ~~~
Heartistic Designs www.heartisticdesigns.com (http://www.heartisticdesigns.com)
Hearts www.heartsangels.com/hearts (http://www.heartsangels.com/hearts)
Heartistic Wishes www.heartsweb.com/heartisticwishes (http://www.heartsweb.com/heartisticwishes)
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.